Dancing the night away

Student Council is working hard to give the best Turnabout and Prom

photo privided by Jocelyn Perez

Some student council members who will make two nights to remember with turnabout and prom.

Student Council at Round Lake High School works tremendously hard to keep the school with spirit and most importantly plans many school events for the students to be involved in. Student Council plans many of the school events at RLHS, which is important because it shows how hard and how determined they are when preparing these fun events. So far the two big events that student council has planned is Turnabout and Prom. 

The first event that student council has planned is turnabout with the theme of Rio De Janeiro Carnival. Student Council wants to make this year’s Turnabout big and exciting for the students that are attending the dance with hopes of increasing attendance. Turnabout isn’t normally a very popular Student Council-sponsored event.  “In previous years, Turnabout has not been very popular and so this year we are trying to advertise it more and get everyone to know about it,” Doriana Rivera, a senior and Student Council member said. “Since the theme is Rio De Janiero, students can expect a lot of colorful and extravagant decorations, as well as crazy and very fun music. Student Council hopes that students like what we do and hope they have fun. We want them to have a night to remember.”  Jocelyn Perez, a senior and president of Student Council is more excited about decorating for turnabout more than prom, “I’m looking forward to planning turnabout more than prom Perez said, because with turnabout we can actually decorate and select the snacks.”

Jocelyn Perez, a senior and president of Student Council is more excited about decorating for turnabout than she is for prom, “I’m looking forward to planning turnabout more than prom because with turnabout we can actually decorate and select the snacks,” Perez said.

Student Council will also be planning prom, which has the theme as Yule Ball. This theme was inspired by the “Harry Potter” movies. Perez has a big part of planning prom and getting every member of student council ready for any task that comes their way when it comes to planning this big dance. Perez expects the students to be pleased with how it will all turn out. “I think they can expect to be pleased by the elegance of the boat and the taste of the food,” she said. It is more luxurious than last year’s venue, Perez said. “Because it is a very nice place, we hope that the students enjoy the time there and along with the quality of everything. Hopefully people enjoy the little gifts they get to keep.”

Both events will take a lot of work and determination but the Student Council members will achieve their goal to give students a good time at both dances. “The most important thing the students should remember is to have fun all the way through the night,” Rivera said. “If they don’t make it fun it won’t be a night to remember.