Homecoming 2019

Powder+puff+team+members+pose+for+a+picture+while+waiting+for+the+homecoming+2019+parade+to+start.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming 2019

Powder puff team members pose for a picture while waiting for the homecoming 2019 parade to start.

Courtesy Round Lake Area Schools District 116

Carla Sotelo, Staff Writter

Panther pride is what it’s all about! Show your pride  homecoming week at Round Lake High School from Oct. 12-19. Here is a list of upcoming events to look out for:

Saturday, Oct. 12: This years homecoming week will start off with a fun parade from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. by Cedar Lake Road. Students and staff members who are a part of club activities or sports will be participating. 

Tuesday, Oct. 15: Panthers will start off the school week with a fun and fresh Dynamic Duo dress up day. Grab a friend and dress up as a famous twosome (think Rick and Morty, or Batman and Robin, just to name a few), and show the pride and excitement! 

Wednesday, Oct. 16: Rewind the clock and dress up like you would in the 90s! Show off your old school self!

Thursday, Oct. 17: It’s class color day! Represent your class standing by wearing either green (freshmen), purple (sophomores), yellow (juniors), or blue (seniors). Unfortunately, one of the favorite homecoming traditions of power puff game has been cancelled for this week, but keep your ears open for the rescheduled game. “We should have a pretty good match up between both the freshmen and sophomore teams as well as the junior and senior teams,’’ said student counselor sponsor and social studies teacher Mrs.Tracy Balla. Balla is also head coach for one of the powder puff teams.

Friday, Oct. 18: Our homecoming theme this year is Carnival Rio . Student council is currently selling homecoming shirts in room M207, so be sure to dress up and show your support for our Panthers at the pep rally before they head out to the field. The pep rally will be held during normal school hours, so we will have a shortened bell schedule that day. Then be sure to check out the game on our newly-renovated football field that night. The freshmen team will play at 5:30 p.m. followed by the varsity team, which plays at 7:00 p.m.. 

Saturday, Oct. 19: Get ready to dance your feet off Saturday night at the homecoming dance. Tickets will be on sale during lunch hours starting Monday, Oct. 7. Reminder to serve all detentions before buying tickets or else you cannot attend the homecoming dance. Come alone with a date or even without one! The important thing is that you make some memories!