Halloween Fun

Whether+you%27re+looking+for+some+extra+trick+or+treating++for+the+little+ones+in+your+life%2C+or+you%27re+looking+for+something+so+scary+you+might+pee+your+pants%2C+The+Blaize+has+rounded+up+some+great+local+events+this+October.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween Fun

Whether you're looking for some extra trick or treating  for the little ones in your life, or you're looking for something so scary you might pee your pants, The Blaize has rounded up some great local events this October.

Whether you're looking for some extra trick or treating for the little ones in your life, or you're looking for something so scary you might pee your pants, The Blaize has rounded up some great local events this October.

Lexi M. on Unsplash

Lexi M. on Unsplash

Lexi M. on Unsplash

Daniel Ochoa, Staff Writer

This year, there are plenty of ways to celebrate Halloween. From trunk-or-treat events to pumpkin patches and creepy haunted houses, these events will have all types of excitement, so have a camera ready to capture your most memorable moments with friends and family. The Blaize has gathered some upcoming events so you can make this a fall full of fun:

Trunk-or-Treat at Goldfish Swim School

Sunday, Oct. 28, 5:00-6:30 p.m.

This year, Mundelein Goldfish Swim School will be hosting an open community Trunk-or-Treat event for children. Kids can dress up in their Halloween costumes and trick or treat from cars in the parking lot. They can also take a swim, enjoy some light refreshments, and enjoy some Halloween crafts. Amazingly enough, this event is free.

Goldfish Swim School – Mundelein

1531 S. Lake St.

Mundelein, Illinois 60060

847-423-6321

www.goldfishswimschool.com

Richardson Adventure Farm

Activities available all fall

Richardson Adventure Farm is open again with the world’s largest corn maze. Besides the corn maze, the Richardson Adventure Farm offers tractor rides out to a field to pick pumpkins, as well as giant slides, pedal carts, live pig races, and pillow jumping. Families can also rent picnic areas with campfires. Areas can hold up to 52 people. Finally, the farm offers a 700-foot zip line, a 50-foot-tall viewing tower that looks over the corn maze and ORBiting ( where you can ride inside an 11-foot giant ball). All kids under two are free, and admission prices (which include entrance into the maze, observation tower, train, wagon ride, carousel, pig races, pedal bikes, and slides) vary depending on whether you go on a weekday or weekend. Richardson Adventure Farm is closed Monday-Wednesday.

Richardson Adventure Farm

909 English Prairie Rd

Spring Grove, IL 60081

815-675-9729

https://richardsonadventurefarm.com

Realm of Terror Haunted House

Weekends through October

Kristof’s Entertainment Center hosts The Realm of Terror, which is created and supervised by Stevie Calabrese, a lead designer for the top haunted house attractions. In fact, Realm of Terror is rated the no. 1 haunted house in Illinois for its crazy, intense experience. However, this haunted house has offensive content that may not be appropriate for all audience. Those with medical issues, heart conditions, and young children should definitely stay home, and those who are squeamish around blood or easily frightened should definitely think twice. This haunted house is open through October and hosts a special Bloodbath Night on Nov. 3, where, according to the website, attendees will leave covered in blood. (Anyone who wears white will get a special discount.) General admission is $25, but you can skip the line (with a general waiting time of 15 minutes) for $35.

Realm of Terror Haunted House

421 W. Rollins Rd. (Kristof’s Entertainment Center)

Round Lake Beach, IL 60073

847-973-6053

www.realmofterror.com

Overall, this October Round Lake will be having some fun events going on so get ready and set up dates with your family and friends.