Broadening Your Mindset: Europe 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Broadening Your Mindset: Europe 2018

One of the many places students will be traveling to: The beautiful Florence, Italy.

Paola Morales, Staff Writer

Traveling the world is one of the best experiences one can have, from seeing the Tower Of Pisa in Italy or the Eiffel Tower in Paris.  Luckily for Round Lake High School students, they will have the amazing opportunity to travel to Europe in summer of  2018 and experience what it’s like to travel the world and learn about different cultures. Ms. Janice Aponte, RLHS’s dean and Mrs. Julie Klebba, a Spanish teacher at RLHS, are leading an educational trip to Europe. They will be travelling to Greece, Italy, and Spain with EF Tours during the summer of 2018. Although the exact date is not official, it would be sometime in the  beginning of June. Meetings will occur throughout the school year with more information.

Traveling allows young people plenty of experiences, such as exploring new places, trying different foods, and witnessing cultural traditions firsthand, all of which can have a major impact on young people. The first benefit of travelling, according to Aponte, is that it allows you to get out of your comfort zone. “Anytime you can experience the richness of cultures different from your own, by talking with people of other nationalities, travelling internationally, and embracing other educational experiences that fall outside your comfort zone, you grow and change in positive ways,” said Aponte.

Traveling not only benefits students by giving them an amazing experience, but it also gives them exposure to the world, and helps change the way one thinks about things, which is another benefit of traveling. “Traveling abroad broadens your mindset to an ever changing world,” said Aponte. “It’s a once in a lifetime experience.” Klebba feels the same as well, saying “Students who have gone have been changed for life. They are open to new experiences, and have pride in the accomplishment of having been on such a trip.”

Other students who have attended the trip in the past completely agree that traveling and specifically going on an educational trip is an incredible opportunity. “It’s such a good experience,” said Fatima Munoz, a sophomore at RLHS.  “Having the opportunity to go to Europe at a younger age, and being able to discover new places and things is amazing.” Like so many other students who have been on the trip and enjoyed it to the fullest, Andrea Morales, a junior at RLHS, said” The trip was the best thing I’ve ever experienced. It opened my eyes to new ideas and completely changed the way I see things. I would definitely attend the trip again in a heartbeat.”

Traveling is an experience no one will ever regret. Getting the opportunity to discover new places, view different cultures, and experience a different world from your own is something that nobody should pass up. If you’re interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, you can find more at EF Tours’ website. There will be meetings throughout the year, so listen carefully to morning announcements for when they take place. You can also contact Ms. Aponte.