Totally Booked For 2017

Totally Booked For 2017

Mariah Contreras, Staff Writer

HELP!! CELL PHONES HAVE TAKEN OVER THE SCHOOL, TURNING ITS STUDENTS INTO PHONE-ADDICTED TEENAGE ZOMBIES!! The only cure is to read a book. More specifically, the spectacular new releases for this year. Take a quick peek and discover the fantastic feeling books will bring to the heart:

Carve The Mark

After the release of Divergent on March 21, 2014, author Veronica Roth’s writing career skyrocketed, leaving Roth’s readers begging for more. Sure enough, this brilliant creator of worlds introduced the continuation of the series Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four. Once more she will take the universe on yet another amazing adventure through the pages of a masterpiece. Here’s a preview to this cutting-edge YA novel:

On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a “currentgift,” a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their “currentgifts,” Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?

Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s “currentgift” gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.

Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual “currentgift,” once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. They must decide to help each other to survive—or to destroy one another.

On January 17, Roth’s new book, Carve The Mark hit the shelves.

The Upside of Unrequited

It’s been two years since readers fell in love with Becky Albertalli’s first novel Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. This LGBT novel was a tremendous start to a great career that continues with her newest book The Upside of Unrequited. Let this little snippet take the mind on a journey and ensnare the soul:

Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love—she’s lived through it twenty-six times. She crushes hard and crushes often, but always in secret. Because no matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can’t stomach the idea of rejection. So she’s careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.

Then a cute new girl enters Cassie’s orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly’s cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly’s totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is.

Luckily, Cassie’s new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. Will is funny, flirtatious, and just might be perfect crush material. Maybe more than crush material. And if Molly can win him over, she’ll get her first kiss and she’ll get her twin back.

There’s only one problem: Molly’s coworker, Reid. He’s an awkward Tolkien superfan, and there’s absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. Right?

Albertalli’s novel with be released into the world on April 11th. Be on the watch.

Click the link below for more YA books on Epic Reads

http://www.epicreads.com/books/